Long Day? Tired from work, classes, or running errands? I get it! I’m tired too, but that rarely impedes me from taking my makeup off and running through my nightly routine. Today, I’m sharing with you guys what products I use and in what order I use them to get the immaculate and clean skin I have. If you know me, you know that I was truly blessed with good skin, I rarely breakout and when I do, it’s a small blimp in my skin here or there. I’m blessed with beautiful skin, but it’s not all luck, it also has a lot to do with what I put on my skin daily and how I take care of it! Provided below is both my nightly routine and tips and tricks on things you can do everyday or daily to ensure beautiful skin!
Nightly Skin Care Routine:
Quick disclosure, I don’t use all of these products every night. I use most of them 7 days a week and a few I only use once or twice a week depending on what my skin is looking like.
- 1. The first thing I do is use my L’Occitane Precious Cleansing Foam and a wash cloth to remove my makeup mixed with some room temperature water. I wet the wash cloth and put one squirt of the foam onto the cloth and mix it up and then remove all of my make up. This product is absolutely amazing, I have been using the brand L’Occitane for well over a year now and I love their products, they feel amazing on my skin and I notice a real difference in the texture and glow of my skin.
- 2. After having rinsed the cleansing foam of my face and removing all of my makeup, I use the L’Occitane Light Shea Comfort Cream and grab a small dollop on my finger and place it on both cheeks and my forehead. I have never found a better face lotion than this, I swear by this product! It’s doesn’t dry out my skin, it doesn’t make it greasy, it smells amazing and provides a soft, comforting base for my skin to detox over night. These two products pair beautifully and offer a clean pallet of skin when you wake up the next morning.
- 3. Mario Badescu is my other go to brand for my nightly routine, after having put my lotion on, I turn to my Badescu Drying Lotion and use it to top off any blemishes I have. I only apply it maximum three times a week and use it only on blemishes that are creating red skin discoloration. You use a small brush or q-tip to apply the product and the next morning, the blemish is practically gone. This product is amazing and I swear by the entire Badescu line of products.
- 4. Usually only once a week I apply my Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum. This is a slightly expensive product, and since I don’t have bad skin to begin with, I like to use it only once, twice a week maximum. This is serum that retexturizes, smooths, and boosts glow for visibly brighter skin. It comes with a small vile and like my lotion, I put a drop of the product on each cheek and my forehead and rub in the product.
- 5. After having applied my products, I turn to my beautiful Rose Quartz Roller! Beauty Bio is a popular brand that many bloggers turn to in their nightly skin routines. This rose roller is a recent edition to my routine and I am absolutely loving the results. Not only does the product feel amazing against your face, but I really do see a difference in my frown lines and the tightness of the skin on my face. I am 100% in love with this roller, plus, it’s gorgeous!
- 6. Lastly, I turn back to my Mario Badescu haul for my Rosewater Facial Spray, this mystifying product serves as both my nightly spritz of a light mist that settles on my face, so it doesn’t feel dry in the morning, and I also use this just before doing my makeup, it pairs nicely with my foundation!
- 7. After all of this, I apply my Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy, Focus, lotion and lie down in bed! I love this lotion, the aromatherapy truly is a relaxing and comforting smell that allows for a deeper, more comfortable sleep.
- 8. And finally, once in bed, I apply my Silk Face Mask and rest my head on my Silk Pillowcase, all tucked in for a good night’s rest! These products were both gifts and I am truly obsessed with them now! I love how they feel against my skin and they truly do relax me!
So there you have it! All of these products are things I am confident in using when preparing for bed, they all make me feel comfortable and luxurious and keep my skin feeling glowey and fresh! Below are a few tips and tricks for even better results on your daily skin care!
- 1. Wear sunscreen daily! If you live in an area with a lot of sun exposure, especially if it’s strong, you should be wearing sunscreen on your face. There are multiple brands that make primers with SPF protection in them or even foundations that have it in their formulas as well. But if you’re not willing to switch primers or foundations, just use a simple face lotion that has SPF in it before you apply foundation.
- 2. If you’re wearing a lot of makeup for an occasion, sometimes it’s best to take off most of your makeup with a wipe first before you use any cleansers, it helps to ensure you’re removing all of your makeup.
- 3. Lastly, if you have specific acne care medication or skin care medication, be sure to include that in your routine and consult with your doctor to be sure that any of these new products are not deactivating agents within the formulas that are working in your medication!
I hope you enjoyed! Let me know in the comments if you have any questions! Stay Glowey!