If you haven’t already guessed, I miss Paris very much. It took me way too long to sit down and write this blog, but here I am, sharing with all of your our adventures in Paris and all of my pictures! My mom and I spent 6 full days in the city of love, celebrating our birthday’s and taking some time out of our lives to share a trip we will both never forget. To summarize, there was a lot of walking, a lot of shopping, sightseeing and drinking, but most of all there was so much love and laughter on this trip and I could not be more thankful to my mother for working as hard as she does to make this trip possible. So, in this blog, I’m going to share a list of places we visited and the things we planned ahead of time in order to make this trip as fun as possible.
Places we Visited:
- Our hotel was seconds away from a beautiful landmark of Paris, the Arc de Triomphe meaning we saw this everyday.
- Our hotel was also along one of the most popular roads in Paris (NY’s equivalent to 5th Ave) the Champs-Élysées which is a shopping a tourist hub of the city. If you’re looking for YSL or Zara, it ranges in prices and shops for all of its visitors.
- Our Eiffel Tower visit was one of the best, we booked our dinner in the tower months ahead of time where my mom and I shared a magnificent 4 course dinner with wine and champagne. We arrived at the tower the night of my moms birthday early enough to take beautiful pictures. After dinner we walked around the 1st and 2nd level and then made our way back down to earth and walked along the bridge to watch the sun set and the tower light up. We sat with our feet perched in the water and enjoyed the magnificent view while watching the children play in the local fountain.
- If you saw in my Packing and Planning for Paris post, you know that we bought our city passes ahead of time, which aloud us entrance into a lot of museums sans the lines. We used this for our entrance into The Louve, which we spent a few hours in. I spent a lot of Time before we left looking up the different wings and exhibits the museum would have while we were there, so I planned ahead of time exactly where I wanted to go so we didn’t spend the entire day there. As much as I would love to see and take in every piece of art in the Louve, that alone would take a week.
- After the museum, we took a trip underneath it to a shopping mall where I bought my Gucci belt!!! The Printemps is the name of the mall, it’s like the Paris equivalent of a Sak’s or Macy’s! Click the link to see more!
- After this my mom and I shared one of the most wonderful dinners at one of the restaurants on the grounds of the museum! The LouLou Paris restaurant is a landmark of the Louve for it’s fine dining and beautiful view of the city! Click the link to read more and book your reservation for your next trip to Paris!
- The following day we did an amazing wine tasting at Ô Chateau Wine Tasting & Wine Bar. In downtown Paris, this two hour wine tasting offers you the experience of traveling the beautiful country without leaving your seat. You get the taste of 6 wines (2 white, 2 red, 1 rose and 1 Champagne) in two hours paired with meats and cheeses. The relaxing two hours is filled with wine, food, and fun! Follow this link to explore the site and book your visit for your next trip to Paris!
- A short 15 minute walk away from our hotel was the YSL Museum where we got a peek of all the history of the company and the brand with glimpses at some of the most coveted looks YSL has created! I highly recommend this for all of the fashion lovers out there, the clothes were simply amazing!
These are some of the many things my mom and I explored while in Paris! Take a peek at the websites and photos for a glimpse at our trip to Paris and tag a list of all the places you’d like to go on your next trip to Paris!